- International copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of the site. You may not reproduce, republish, modify, copy, transmit, upload, post, or distribute, in any manner, the material on the site, including text, graphics and code without prior written approval from the company.
- Whilst we take every care to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, some of the information contained is supplied to us by third parties and as such we are not able to completely verify the accuracy of all of the contents. You are advised to independently verify any information contained on this website before acting on it. This applies to all product categories, guidelines on use, storage, delivery etc.
- In the event of an error or omission on the website, material or not, we reserve the right to amend or cancel any order in to resolve the issue.
- In the event a customer becomes aware of an error or omission on the website, they will contact us immediately to inform us of the error.
- We are committed to protecting our customers’ privacy. Although our ability to provide our service requires that we collect personal information about our customers, we take measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- We will not sell, trade or rent personal information to others in any way without your prior approval.
- Our forms require users to provide contact information (like name, email, and postal address) unique identifiers (like username and password), and in some cases financial information (like account or credit card numbers) when they register for our services or in connection with an online transaction. Contact information from the signup forms may be used to send information about our products and services. The customer’s contact information may also be used to get in touch with the customer when necessary.
- Some pages on this site use “cookies,” which are small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us. You should note that cookies cannot read data off of your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not. By not accepting cookies, some pages may not fully function and you may not be able to access certain information on this site. This site may contain links to other sites. Trusty Logs Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- Trusty Logs Ltd will provide these Terms and Conditions by means of an attachment in pdf form on the customers invoice. Where a customer would prefer a paper copy of these Terms and Conditions these are available on request.
- Trusty Logs Ltd. Company No. 09785540 and VAT reg No. 230 5533 42. Trusty Logs Ltd has its registered office at Sunset, Ilsham Marine Drive, Torquay, TQ1 2HT. Telephone 01872 321585 or 07983852803. Email: email@example.com.
- Any orders placed on the Trusty Logs Ltd site create a contract between Trusty Logs Ltd and the customer placing the order.
Basis of Sale
- These Terms and Conditions set out the entire relationship between Trusty Logs Ltd and you, the customer, for the sale of goods. Please ensure that you read and understand these Terms and Conditions as these terms are binding upon placement of an order.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptions or advertising that appear on this site or in any marketing material, are provided to give you an approximation of the goods they represent. They do not form part of the contract between the two parties – in particular promotional pricing will be superseded by the pricing indicated on the site and confirmed in your order confirmation.
- You are considered to have placed an order and entered a binding contract with Trusty Logs Ltd when you have:
- Ticked that you have accepted the Terms and Conditions on the website; and
- You have made payment for the goods ordered.
- On completion of your order you will be issued with an order number. Please quote this order number on any correspondence with Trusty Logs Ltd.
- Once an order has been placed the goods are automatically consigned for delivery to the address you have provided. If you wish to cancel an order please do so as soon as possible. Cancellation before 4pm on the day of the order will ensure that you are not liable for any return costs. Goods are usually dispatched on the same working day as the order is placed.
- If you would like to return an order that has already been delivered, please contact us, and inform us of your reason for the return. We will organise our haulier to collect the order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the order is in a suitable state and location for collection by our haulier. Typically that means in the same or similar condition as when delivered, and in a place that our haulier may access. Delivery onto gravel will require goods to be moved to a stable surface for collection. Please contact us if you require further guidance. You will be refunded for the full value of any goods returned to us in a saleable condition less £40 + VAT for transport costs (and the shipping surcharge where applicable) per pallet returned.
- We have the right to revise and amend these Terms and Conditions as we see fit. You will always be bound by the terms and conditions that were active at the time your order was placed.
Right to Cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the date on which the final item in your order is delivered.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement by email or letter addressed to either:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address for correspondence: C/o Nancolleth Barn, Nancolleth Farm, Summercourt, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4PN.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Effects of Cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all the payments received from you. Where you are unable or unwilling to arrange the return of the goods yourself, or where the goods have suffered a material reduction in value due to your handling of the goods, we will reduce the value of your reimbursement by the appropriate value.
- Once the product has been dispatched from our warehouse,you the customer, will be responsible for the costs associated with returning the order to our warehouse. Where you are unable or unwilling to arrange the return of the order, Trusty Logs Ltd will arrange for the return at the following cost:
- In the case of the product being returned from the area where delivery costs are included in the price, the amount of £40 +VAT per pallet will be charged.
- In the case of the product being returned from an area that requires a delivery surcharge, £40 + the surcharge value +VAT per pallet will be charged.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (including removing logs from crates, and not restacking them correctly, and/or damage to packing materials). We will only reduce the reimbursement in this case by the loss of value to the goods.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after we receive the goods back to our warehouse.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- All promotions are subject to immediate cancellation without warning.
- Promotions can include discount coupons or direct account credit awarded to an individual user.
- Any abuse of the promotion system will result in a user’s account being cancelled and any promotional balances being removed.
- Any user with multiple accounts for a single delivery address will be deemed to be abusing the promotion system and will have all current and future promotional credits/coupons removed immediately.
- Once an order has been placed it is NOT possible for a promotion to be applied to that order retrospectively.
- VAT on domestic solid fuel is levied at either the reduced rate or standard rate of VAT. It is your responsibility to ensure that the VAT rate you utilise on your order is appropriate for your intended use. Trusty Logs Ltd will not be held responsible for the incorrect application of a VAT rate by a customer.
- The rate of VAT levied on sales of fuel products is subject to the intended use of those products. For full details of the relevant laws please see HMRC Reference: Notice 701/19 (August 2010). A guide to the appropriate rate is given below. Please note that we will not be held responsible for the incorrect application of a VAT rate to your order. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you understand the legislation. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you certify that your order is compliant with the relevant legislation. We will not be held responsible for inaccuracies in the advice tabled below.
- Intended use: Fuel
- Fuel supplies for domestic use incur VAT at the reduced rate of 5%. Business customers may apply the reduced rate for some deliveries provided they satisfy the requirements in the legislation. Where business customers do not satisfy these requirements they are obliged to pay the standard rate of VAT.
- 7.4 Intended use: Other All other supplies are made at the standard rate of VAT.
- Please ensure you make a purchase with the appropriate rate levied. By making a purchase on our site you are confirming that you have applied the appropriate VAT rate to your order.
- All prices quoted on this website for fuel products are inclusive of the reduced rate of VAT of 5%. If you need to apply the higher rate please contact us in order to be sent an amended invoice.
- All accessories and sundries are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate of 20%.
- Goods supplied should:
- Conform in all material respects with the ordered specification;
- Be free from material defects in design, materials and workmanship. In the event of a defect, Trusty Logs Ltd will assist the customer in dealing with the manufacturer of the product.
- Comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for selling the goods in the United Kingdom.
- This does not apply to any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident or negligence (by you or a third party).
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your order arrives in good condition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you store your goods in a suitable location. Please note that fuel in all its forms does not tolerate damp storage conditions.
Defective Goods and Returns
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are suitable for the use to which you put them to.
- In the unlikely event that the goods provided do not conform to these terms, please let us know. If the goods do not conform we will:
- Remove the goods at our cost and provide you with a full refund for the value of the goods that have been removed; or
- Replace the goods at our cost.
- Dissatisfaction with goods delivered. If you are dissatisfied with the goods delivered, but the goods do conform to these terms and you would like to return the goods we will collect the goods and provide a refund to you provided:
- The goods are returned to us in a saleable condition;
- At least 66% of the original order is returned.
- We will refund you the full value of the goods returned to us less £40 + VAT per pallet for the transport costs incurred (and shipping surcharges where they occur), returning the goods to our warehouse.
- These terms and conditions apply to any replacement goods that we may send you.
- If your order is being returned it is your responsibility to ensure adequate access for our haulier to collect the goods. Where appropriate access is not given, we will pass on any additional haulage costs to you.
Limitation of Liability
- If either party fails to comply with these terms, neither party shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers as a result, except for those losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with these terms.
- Neither party shall be responsible for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms including, but not limited to losses that fall into the following categories:
- Loss of Business;
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Any waste of time; or
- Any loss due to the sourcing of replacement goods from another provider.
- This clause does not include or limit in any way our liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or Section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- Losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability; or
- Any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- We will not be liable for any consequential loss or indirect loss suffered by you, or by anyone to whom you have supplied the goods.
- We will not be liable for losses or damages resulting from the use of the goods for purposes for which the specification and manner of goods or delivery are not suitable.
- We will not be liable for any losses or damages to property or persons that may occur during the delivery process. Liability for delivery process losses or damages rest with our contracted haulier.
- We will not be responsible for any failure to perform our obligations when impeded by a Force Majeure event such as;
- Strikes, lock outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion riot, invasion, terrorist attack, war, etc.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Transport network failure; or
- Communication network failure.
- Our obligations under these terms are suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure event. We will endeavour to fulfil our obligations as soon as possible once the event has ceased
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms to any other party without the written consent of Trusty Logs Ltd.
Fuel For Your Fire
Suppliers of wood fuel products for domestic home consumers & wholesale stockists